The first LEAP-RE Stakeholder Forum will be held in Pretoria, South Africa, from 3 to 6 October 2022, in a hybrid format (Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! Pretoria Menlyn & online).
The LEAP-RE Stakeholder Forum is an event organized every second year to enrich the LEAP-RE Community by addressing the following key objectives:
- Create and expand an international multi-stakeholder community dealing with renewable energy, science-based policymaking, funding and research, innovation, monitoring, evaluation and learning, in Africa and Europe;
- Identify, design, and implement the services and functions of LEAP-RE; and
- Foster collaboration between similar initiatives.
The Forum will seek to convene varying stakeholders within the Consortium, as well as participating stakeholders with interests in the African Union-European Union (AU-EU) renewable energy Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) cooperation. In particular the Forum will:
- Host the kick-off of the 13 projects selected for funding by LEAP-RE (LEAP-RE Pillar 1)
- Present the first results from the projects developed within LEAP-RE (LEAP-RE Pillar 2)
- Initiate the co-development of a long-term AU-EU platform for the multilateral AU-EU cooperation through workshops and other activities (LEAP-RE Pillar 3)
- Host a Renewable Energy School (RESchool) for students
- Provide clustering and networking activities
You can book your tickets on our registration platform. Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic and the associated health issues and travel restrictions, the event will be hybrid. It will also be possible to join the meeting on site or remotely.