- This event has passed.
LEAP-RE Stakeholder Forum
10 October 2023 - 13 October 2023
The second LEAP-RE Stakeholder Forum will be held on October 10-13, 2023 in Kigali, Rwanda.
About the LEAP-RE Stakeholder Forum
The LEAP-RE Stakeholder Forum is an event organised to enrich the LEAP-RE Community. It aims to create and expand an international multi-stakeholder community dealing with renewable energy, science-based policymaking, funding and research, innovation, monitoring, evaluation and learning, in Africa and Europe. Its objectives are to identify, design, and implement the services and functions of LEAP-RE and to foster collaboration with similar initiatives.
What is in it for me?
This second edition aims to build and animate the LEAP-RE community and stakeholders by offering an opportunity for knowledge sharing and a space for networking, meetings and exchanges. It will serve as a means for supporting the scientific, innovation, and capacity building activities of the LEAP-RE programme and the 31 projects in the LEAP-RE Portfolio.
The Forum will provide a platform for the participants to:
- Join a high-level meeting on renewable energy and participate in a Policy Workshop on Climate Change and Sustainable Energy, as well as on the AU/EU Innovation Agenda
- Participate in the Kick-off event of the 10 new projects joining the LEAP-RE Portfolio
- Discover the results from the 21 ongoing projects in LEAP-RE, in topic as varied as stand-alone solar, geothermal energy, solar cooking, renewable energy for agriculture, recycling of renewable energy sources components, and more!
- Co-develop the services of the long-term platform for multilateral AU-EU cooperation through workshops and other activities
- Join our 2nd LEAP-RE Renewable Energy School (for students and early career researchers) – registrations are now closed for the RESchool.
- Participate in themed break-out project clustering sessions
- Attend a site-visit (Anne Heyman ~solar Field)
- And for LEAP-RE partners, attend the LEAP-RE General Assembly
All the information related to the event is available here, including the agenda. Registration for on site participation is closed, but registration for online participation remains open.